These homemade danish cookies are a delight for anyone in the family. You will keep coming back for more. My kids love them but I find the ones we buy are generally too sweet so I made these myself with mostly organic ingredients and a lot less sugar.
- Organic Unsalted Butter – 120g
- Salt – one pinch
- Organic Sugar – 45 g
- Organic Vanilla Extract: 1/2 tsp
- Organic Egg Yolk: 1
- Pastry Flour: 130g
- Take the butter out in advance to let it soften naturally. If you don’t have time to wait, then soften it over hot water. Remember DO NOT melt it! Room temp means it is soft enough for a spatula to spread it easily.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter with medium speed until it turns a little bit light. Do not over beat it. This only takes about a minute or so.
- Add the pinch of salt
- Add in the sugar slowly in two times
- Mix the sugar with low speed each time
- Mix until the sugar is well mixed in the butter. Do not mix until it is fully melted. It only takes a minute or so to do this.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg yolk and mix until well blended.
- Sift the flour into the butter mixture. Do this in two separate times.
- Gently mix the flour into the butter mixture with a spatula.
- Prepare a piping bag with a large open star tip.
- Prepare a cookie pan with parchment paper on top.
- Transfer the cookie dough into the piping bag and pipe wreath shapes onto the cookie pan.
- Preheat the oven at 325 F
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes or until golden. Watch them to make sure they don’t get burned.