I love solid lotion bars. In fact I’m replaced my lotion at home with these lotion bars. They are full of goodness for your skin. I put it on right after I come out of the shower and with the body heat, it just melts right into your skin, making your skin super soft and moisturized.
I decided to make my own lotion bar because it’s fun and extremely easy. Making your own lotion also means you have total control of the ingredients that go into it. These lotion bars are safe to use for anyone in the house including the kids. You can customize however you want. I will show you the very basic kind here today.
What You Need:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cocoa butter or shea butter
- 1 cup beeswax
- Your favorite essential oil
- silicon mold of your choice
What To Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl except the essential oil
- Put some water into a small pot or small sauce pan, bring it to a boil
- Set the glass bowl on top of the pan and stir the ingredients occasionally until they are completely melted
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let it cool for a bit
- Add your favorite essential oil (make sure to put enough so you can smell the scent)
- Transfer the liquid into the silicon mold
- Leave it in room temperature for a few hours
- When completely cooled and solidified, pop them out of the mold and you are DONE!
Watch my YouTube video that will show you all the steps in making the LOTION BARS.
You can use silicon baking mold for muffins too if you already have them at home, but I really like the one I got.
Use these for yourself, or wrap them up nicely and give them to your friends and family as gifts. Everyone will love these hand-made lotion bars!