It’s hard to believe that we have been in a pandemic for almost 6 months now. I still remember the day when I found out everything is shutting down, I was still in a resort in Domenic Republic! It’s been a hard 6 months for many people especially for those working parents with young kids at home. Working full time and homeschooling kids has definitely pushed me to my limit.
As we enter stage 3, places are slowly opening up and now that we know schools are opening in September, we are faced with many tough decisions. Our family has decided that we will probably be sending both kids back to school in September. They both miss school and we feel they really need the social interaction with their friends. Not just that but we know that we both will be heading back to the office for work eventually. I have friends who already sent their kids back to daycare, and friends who decided to keep their kids home for another year. Doesn’t matter what you decide, I know you are making the best decision for your family.
Since I’ve made the choice to send kids back to school. I also started looking into the extracurricular classes they’ve been attending before as I’d like them to resume some of them as well. I’m happy to find that many places are taking extra steps and precautions to ensure the safe return of their students. I am especially impressed with what Moohan Taekwondo is doing.
Here are some things that Moohan Taekwondo is doing that I really like:
1. Health screening on app – the school is introducing a health screening app to track each student that enters the facility each time.
2. Temperature check – everyone coming into the school will have a temperature check.
3. Socially distant training – class sizes will be significantly reduced. Each student will also have their own equipment and there will be no sparring.
4. Thorough sanitization of facility – the facility including all equipment and mats will be disinfected between each class.
5. Increased break time between classes – this means you will not come in contact with the previous class therefore minimizing contact with extra people.
6. Cohorting students – students will be in the same cohort which means the same students must commit to the same class each week
7. Instructors will wear PPE
I’m sending kids to Taekwondo and also swimming before September because I’d like them to become physically stronger and so they will have better immunity come September. I could be wrong about it but that’s just my thinking now.
What about you? Are you also trying to ease into the new norm or still hesitant? Whatever you are doing, I pray you and your family are staying safe and healthy.