Do you have dry skin with fine lines and wrinkles? Do you have oily or combination skin with breakouts? Do you have age spots or acne marks? Do you have dull skin or large pores? You’ll want to try this Overnight Resurfacing Peel. I have been using this for almost two months now and have seen great results.
What It Is:
Don’t be scared by the word Peel in the name of the product. The Overnight Resurfacing Peel is a very gentle and safe leave-on peel that is formulated with 15 botanically-derived acids from plants. It clears away dull surface skin cells, helps your skin to better absorb your serums or night creams, improves the texture of your skin, reduces the appearance of pores and dark spots. The hyaluronic acid and essential fatty acid soothe and nourish your skin to reveal a brighter and younger looking complexion. Sounds fancy?
My Initial Hesitation:
When I first heard about this product, I was actually hesitant to try it because I have very thin and extremely sensitive skin to begin with due to all the damage, I had done to my skin the pass in efforts to get rid of acne. I decided to give the peel a try because I have heard many bloggers rave about it online so after doing more careful research on it, I decided to give it a shot. I thought there is nothing to lose since I know Beautycounter had a 60 day refund policy. I figured if I didn’t like it, I’ll just return it.
How I Use It:
The instruction says to you can use it 3 to 4 times a week. I actually use it every day for a week then toned it down to every other day. After cleaning my face with the Charcoal Bar, I spray my face with Nourishing Rose Mist and then I apply a small amount of the peel all over my face and let it absorb for about 5 minutes, then I used the Counter Match Sleep Recovery Cream. You can use whatever serum or night cream on top of the peel based on your skin type. The first two times I used it, I felt a bit tingly, but I was already warned that is normal and it just meant that the AHA acid is working on your skin.
The peel has been a total game changer. After about a week of using it, I already felt my skin became so smooth and soft and very hydrated. I wouldn’t say the difference is overnight, but I noticed some huge differences after a few weeks using it. Since the peel helped to get rid of all the dead skin cells, my skin is better able to absorb the moisturizer and is more hydrated and balanced.
- My skin texture is so soft and smooth
- Pores around my nose are smaller
- Fine lines on my forehead are diminished
- Old acne scars have faded
- My skin tone became lighter in general
I figure a picture is a thousand word. So here is a 4-week comparison of my face. No makeup or filter.
Some Myth About the Peel:
- Do not be scared by the word “peel”. You do NOT need to peel it off your face. It looks and feels and is sued just like a serum at night. The peel works to dissolve all the dead skin cells on your face overnight, then the dead skin is washed away in the morning when you clean your face. Don’t worry, you will not actually see any dead skin.
- You get the result similar to a medi-spa treatment but in a much gentle and damaging way. You won’t get any of the redness and skin peeling problems as a microdermabrasion. Also this will not make your skin thinner.
- Some people feel a bit tingly the first few times they use it (I did myself). That’s is completely normal and it means that the AHA acid is working on you. Unless you have a specific skin condition and is swelling from it, I would not be worried.
- Is the peel safe? It is formulated without synthetic fragrances, PEGs, and formaldehyde-based preservatives commonly found in peels.
Who Is It Suitable For?
I personally have combination and sensitive skin. The peel worked well for me. It is suitable for all people unless you have a specific skin condition and are using medical treatment or if you recently had a chemical peel or any cut on your skin.
It is specifically suitable for people with the following skin concerns:
- Dullness/Uneven Tone
- Fine Lines/Wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation (i.e. sun damage, light scarring, melasma, age spots)
- Large Pores/Blackheads
- Oily/Breakout-Prone Skin
If you would like to try the peel, feel free to get in touch. I can give you a small sample to try. If you have questions, feel free to reach out to me as well.