Sour Cream Pancake
Have you tried sour cream pancakes before? They are so fluffy and delicious, and most of all so easy to make.
Saturday and Sunday mornings are pretty much the only day I have time to make a nice breakfast for my family. Weekdays are like a battle field when you are a working mom. Trying to get the kids to school without them being late and without me being late seems to always be a challenge. So there is definitely no time to make fancy breakfasts. Weekend is when I spoil my kids and make big breakfast for them. I don’t know why, but I’ve failed in making pancakes a few times and after that I just stayed away from making them. I recently tried this sour cream pancake from the Yummy Market (in Vaughan) and it was so good that it motivated me to give pancakes another shot. It turned out to be so simple and so delicious. My kids were fight over them!
Here is the recipe, hope you get to try it out.
What you need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1/2 cup of organic whole milk
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for cooking pancakes
What to do:
- Whisk together flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- Whisk together sour cream, milk, egg, and melted butter
- Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and mix well
- Add some butter to a non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat until hot
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake into skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and bottom side is golden brown
- Flip and cook other side until golden brown
- Serve with honey or syrup (I don’t like syrup, so I use organic honey) and fresh fruits.
If you want to make it even more fancy, then serve with some fresh whipped cream on top. It’s heavenly.
That’s it! So simple, no fail.