When you are a working mom you always need some 20 minute dinner solutions because the kids are screaming hungry when they get home and you need to have food ready. This is one of my kids’ favourite – Teriyaki Chicken Udon . It’s super easy and fast to make and it’s totally delicious. Here is the recipe.
- 3 packs of frozen udon
- 3 – 4 cups of mixed frozen veggies (I used the one from Costco that has broccoli, cauliflower, yellow carrots etc.)
- 1/2 diced onion (optional)
- 1/2 to 2 cups of frozen chicken strips (I use the one from Costco)
- 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp of minced ginger
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of rice wine
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 organic Tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of dark soysauce (optional)
- 1/4 of mirin
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp saseame seed
- Boil a pot of water and cook the frozen noodles
- Minced the garlic and ginger
- In a small bowl mix the tamari sauce, rice wine, mirin and sugar together (that’s the teriyaki sauce)
- Add oil to the frying pan then add the minced garlic and ginger and also onion if you have any.
- Add the chicken stripes to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant
- Add the mixed frozen veggies to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Take out the udon and drain the water.
- Add the noodles into the frying pan.
- Add the teriyaki sauce mixture.
- Cook everything in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seed over it and serve fresh.